Schengen Visa Application from Canada
This document is originally written by Kazi Mustafizur Rahman, M.A.Sc. in Telecommunication Engineering (Univeristy of Quebec)
©PBSCU Any unauthorized use of these articles, including copying or editing is prohibited. If you want to use the article, you need to take permission from us: email@example.com or from the author and you must mention the author's name and the group's name in all cases.
Year of Publication: 2018
You can apply for Schengen Visa through any member country. Search for your nearest Embassy and apply.
In this note, I am sharing what I used for getting a Schengen Visa for visiting France.
Check list for Schengen Visa through French Embassy:
1. Processing Fee ~90 CAD
2. Original valid passport
3. Schengen visa application form
4. Two recent 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm size photo (UK Passport Photo Size)
5. Re-entry CANADA TRV if you are on STUDY permit
6. Invitation letter (Conference) or you can have a cover letter saying your purpose of trip.
7. Air ticket confirmation
8. Hotel reservation
9. Scholarship Letter from professor (University) - to show funding.
10. Letter from university (professor) is saying that your travel expenses will bear by the university (professor).
11. Your Bank statement (Last three months)
12. Travel health insurance coverage (university health insurance will work if it covers travel, if not you need to buy one may be for 1 month)
After preparing all the documents, just go to the embassy website (in which country are you going to enter first) take an appointment.
Appointment link for France consulate in Montréal
On the same day you have to submit your application in person, give biometric and interview.
Appear in the interview >>> Get you visa stamped in your passport (They will tell you passport collection time).
Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
9-10 does not apply to you if you are funding yourself and you are just going as a tourist.